Join our growing team.
LayneCo is always seeking talented and motivated professionals who are looking to make an impact in the construction industry.
Please review the job descriptions below and Apply if you’d like to be considered.
Project Engineer Job Description:
This Project Engineer will assist Project Managers, Project Superintendents, and/or Estimators with all project duties. Duties include but are not limited to the following items listed below.
Project Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
• Shop drawing review and processing
• Plan takeoff
• Subcontractor/supplier coordination
• Project meeting documentation
• Job cost coding and tracking
• Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor all assigned projects
• Monitor compliance in all areas
• Communicate effectively during daily interactions with the clients and users to interpret their needs and requirements
• Represent clients and users in the field
• Maintain quality control in every area (budget, scheduling, planning, personnel performance, team dynamics)
• Clearly report on project status
• Delegate effectively to team; mentor team members
• Communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants in order to provide needed assistance and technical support
• Reviewing engineering deliverables; initiate appropriate corrective actions throughout the project lifecycle
Project Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
• BS/BA degree in relevant field required
• Exemplary work experience as a project engineer or similar role
• Significant working knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD is a plus
• Advanced MS Office skills
• Familiarity and ability to comply with all applicable rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
• Aptitude for working collaboratively with multiple disciplines within teams and projects
• Proven success in the areas of project management and supervision
• Current certifications in applicable skills